Our Commitment to Sustainability
Filmetrics is committed to environmentally-sustainable business practices.
Here are a few examples of recent changes that we've made:
- We installed 32.5kW of PV solar capacity on our San Diego headquarters building, which consists of a 8kW Solyndra system and 12kW and 12.5kW Solarworld systems. (View the 12.5kW Solarworld’s output here and the Solyndra’s output here.)
Other improvements we've made to our HQ building include:
- Installed four Level 2 electric-vehicle chargers, which are available to (and fairly extensively used by) the public at no cost.
- Retrofitted dimmable LED lighting throughout, with Daylight Harvesting used wherever pratical.
- Installed enclosed bicycle lockers and a shower for our employees who bike to work.
- After auditing standby power draws, we placed many office items on 24/7 timers (printers, battery chargers, coffee makers…)
- We have switched to recyclable Korrvu packaging material for the majority of our products.
- We have switched to laptops and energy-efficient desktop computers wherever possible.
- We're continuing our switch to more-environmentally-friendly product materials. (For example, extruded ABS requires less energy to produce than aluminum. It is also lighter, resulting in decreased shipping weight.)
We'd love to hear other ideas that you might have!
Contact Us Now
Learn about the importance of thin films with our animated short film, or see how easy it is to set up and use a Filmetrics system.More…