- What personal information we collect.
- How we use personal information.
- Data retention.
- How we share your personal information.
- Children's privacy.
- California notice provisions.
- Links to third-party sites
- How we protect your personal information
- Accessing and updating your information.
- Information specific to non-U.S. users
- How to contact us.
“Personal information” or “personal data” means information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as your name in combination with place of business, your e-mail address, physical address, or mobile number.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information is collected from and about our Websites’ users, both directly when you provide it and automatically while you visit the Websites, as follows:
Personal Information You Provide.The Websites may provide an opportunity to submit, personal information in connection with an online feature or service. The personal information we collect from you may include:
- contact information, including name, user identification, title, company, email address, physical address, telephone number, and fax number;
- product key, serial number, or order number, for example in a request for technical support;
- messages you send to us, for example, a product inquiry; and
- information necessary to verify eligibility to use a Website service or to facilitate dealings or transactions.
Information Collected Automatically.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your device when you visit a website. The cookie then sends information back to the originating website on each subsequent visit or to another website that recognizes the cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow the Websites to recognize a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
What Information Do Our Cookies Collect?
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we collect certain information that is automatically recorded from the computer, smartphone or other electronic device ("device") you use to visit the Websites. This may include information about your equipment and browsing actions, such as your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, and web pages viewed immediately before and after visiting our Websites, information you search for on our Websites, and other technical data.
Browser Cookies are used, which are very small data files transferred to your device, to collect information when you direct your browser to our Websites; these include Session Cookies, which are deleted when you exit, that enable certain features on the Websites and help us understand how visitors interact with the Websites. When you register for one of our web-based services, we may use Persistent Cookies to store information that enables our Websites to remember you on a return visit. These technologies also help us better understand which areas of the Websites are of interest to visitors.
Service Providers’ Cookies
Where to find further information
Google Analytics http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information you submit on our Websites is used to
meet our legitimate business interests.
- presenting the Websites and their contents;
- providing Websites’ users with information, products, or services;
- responding to your requests, inquiries, or otherwise serve you in ways associated with the circumstances under which you provided the information;
- allowing users to enroll in or register for promotions or events;
- recruiting individuals for employment;
- providing firmware/software updates;
- executing an agreement or transaction concluded through the Websites;
- meeting legal obligations with regards to the agreement or transaction;
- with respect to information collected by logging and cookies, facilitating your use of our Websites, analyzing usage by visitors, improving user experience, and delivering better service;
- network and information security;
- fraud prevention;
- reporting suspected criminal acts; and
- compliance with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our users, or others.
Your personal information is retained for as long as we have a commercial relationship with you and, to meet certain business requirements, for at least 2 years after our last interaction. In some instances, we may be required to retain personal information for longer periods of time, for example, to meet legal, tax, and accounting obligations. Log-in and Cookie data are not retained for more than 24 months. If at any time you wish to have your personal information deleted from our systems, please send an email to mail2_FI@filmetrics.com.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or rent your personal data to third parties. We will not share your personal information with any third party for that party’s marketing purposes, although we may also disclose your information to certain third parties as described below.
- Legal Compliance or Enforcement. We may disclose your personal information to third parties when we believe disclosure is necessary to: (i) comply with a law, regulation or compulsory legal process, including a law enforcement, regulatory or court-authorized request; or (ii) protect the rights, property or safety of ourselves or other persons or entities.
- Business Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, business combination, reorganization or other transfer of some, or all of, our business, your personal information may be transferred to the buyer or other successor.
- Non-Personal Information. We may disclose aggregated information about our Websites’ users, and information that does not identify or allow for the identification of a particular person, at our discretion.
Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any personal information on our Websites or use any of the interactive or public comment features.
CALIFORNIA NOTICE PROVISIONS
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance/Your California Privacy Rights: We will not share your personal information with any third party for that party’s marketing purposes.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss or unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. The Websites use HTTP Secure (“HTTPS”) for secure communications. The Websites use Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) to protect information collected through the Websites. In addition, we restrict access to your personal information. Only employees who need the personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to personal information. Employees with access to personal information are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
Although we use industry-standard efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the information transmitted through our Websites.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You can access and change personal information provided to us bysubmitting your request to mail2_FI@filmetrics.com.
INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO NON-U.S. USERS
a) All locations outside of the United States
The personal information collected through the Websites is downloaded to a server located in the United States and maintained by a service provider under contract with KLA. KLA is located at 1 Technology Drive, Milpitas, CA 95035 in the United States. We may use your personal information for the purposes described in the section above titled “How We Use Personal Information” and disclose it to third parties as described in the section above titled “How We Share Your Personal Information.”
We will comply with requests to exercise individual data rights in accordance with applicable law. You can contact mail2_FI@filmetrics.com to request to exercise your data rights.
b) European Economic Area and Switzerland
The information in this section, as well as the information in the section above titled “All locations outside of the United States”, applies to users in the European Economic Area and Switzerland (collectively, the “EEA”).
Individuals in the EEA (“EEA Individuals”) are not required by statute or by contract to provide any personal information to the Websites. EEA Individuals’ personal information submitted through the Websites will not be used for automated decision-making, including profiling, which produces legal effects or similarly significantly affects the EEA Individual.
Cross-Border Data Transfers:
The personal information collected through the Websites will be transferred to the United States. The recipients of personal information collected through the Websites (listed in the Section entitled “How We Share Your Personal Information” above) are located in the United States or in the country where the data was collected. The European Commission has not issued a determination that the United States ensures an adequate level of protection for personal information.
Legal Bases for Processing:
Your personal information is processed with your consent, to fulfill a business contract (if applicable) and as required by law. Personal information is also processed as necessary for its legitimate interests as follows:
- Marketing and advertising: Unless you opt out as described below, we use your personal information regarding products and services you have ordered, or in which you have otherwise demonstrated an interest, as necessary to provide you information about the products and services that we think might interest you in accordance with applicable law.
- Network and information security, fraud prevention, and reporting suspected criminal acts: In the event of fraud, a security incident, or a suspected criminal act, we would examine personal information that appeared to be linked to the incident as necessary to determine what happened, remediate, report to the authorities, and prevent a recurrence.
Right to Object to Processing for Direct Marketing or Legitimate Interests:
EEA Individuals have the right to object to the processing of their personal information for purposes of direct marketing or legitimate interests by contacting mail2_FI@filmetrics.com.
EEA Individuals have the right to access their personal information collected by the Websites and to request that their personal information be updated, corrected, or deleted as provided by applicable law. EEA Individuals also have the right to object to, or restrict, processing of their personal information.
In addition, EEA Individuals have the right to data portability concerning their personal information. Subject to certain limitations, the right to data portability allows EEA Individuals to obtain from us, or to ask us to send to a third party, a digital copy of the personal information that they provided to the Websites. EEA Individuals’ right to access their personal information includes their right to receive a copy of all, or a portion, of their personal information in our possession as long as our providing the personal information would not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
Right to Lodge a Complaint: If EEA Individuals believe that their personal information has been processed in violation of applicable data protection law, they have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in the country where they reside, where they work, or where the alleged violation occurred.
How to Withdraw Consent: EEA Individuals may use the contact information above, at any time, to withdraw their consent for the processing of their personal information where we require their consent as a legal basis for processing their personal information. Any withdrawal will apply only prospectively, and we will continue to retain the personal information that EEA Individuals provided before they withdrew their consent for as long as allowed or required by applicable law.
You can contact our representative via email at mail2_FI@filmetrics.com, by mail: KLA Italy Srl, Via Magellano 6, 20049 Concorezzo, Milano, Italy Attention: EU Privacy Representative or by telephone: +39 039-611-2900.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF POLICY CHANGES
HOW TO CONTACT US